Saturday, December 31, 2011

A warm New Year's greeting...

As the year draws to a close, and, especially as it has been so long since last I posted, I thought it would be good to wrap up the year with an update.

The exhibition at Occulter was fantastic. Thank you to everyone who came out to the opening. A thousand thanks to Derrick Cruz for giving me the opportunity, to Chris at Occulter for helping to make everything run so smoothly, to Luke from Iapetus for the amazing sound and to the snow cone guy for being generally brilliant.
The show is archived online at the Occulter site, and there is still some work available.

In other news, I was selected as one of the Critical Mass top 50. It's been such a privilege to be included with such a group of incredible artists and photographers, and the response that has come from it has been so positive.
I will have work included in the Critical Mass touring exhibition. I'll post the information soon.

Speaking of exhibitions, I have work included in "Specific Environments: Landscape as Metaphor" currently on view through January 14th at the Lincoln Center in Fort Collins, Colorado.

In November, I was selected as the featured artist of the month in Diffusion Magazine. Diffusion features some incredible work by artists with non-traditional approaches to photography, and it was an honor to be featured in such company.

Lastly, I recently did the art and layout for the cassette reissue of the Sadness Saturn/Utarm split on Handmade Birds. It was a crazy small pressing of something like 32, but there may still be a copy or two available from the source.

Thanks for bearing with me through this big text block of a post. I'm traveling right now, and can't really post any images. As for the coming year, there are quite a few exciting things in the works that it is too soon to mention just yet...

I hope that this last year has gone well for you, and may the coming year be filled with happiness.

No comments: